Cover story familiarization involves a lecture-style class, which lasts about 30 minutes, as well as hour-long lab groups of two to three people and who are expected to establish a primary cover story to be given to prior associates and when off base, but not on assignment. These lab groups will also roleplay situations and conversations, to help the new agent feel comfortably firm with his or her 'new life.'
Cover Story Lecture
Bolded terms are key terms to memorize.
Welcome to your cover story!
Titan Enterprises is a privately-held defense technology contrator formed in 2001 based on proprietary electronic systems technology. We are a prime contractor in Command, Control and Communications; Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (CISR); and Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance (AM&M) and have a broad base of Specialized Products, including aircraft engines, helicopters, heating and cooling systems, fuel cells, and building systems. Titan Enterprises is also a major provider of homeland defense products and services for a variety of emerging markets. The company is the 67th largest defense contractor in the world, and receives 90% of its funding from military contracts.
Based just outside Los Gatos, CA, Titan employees over a hundred employees, many of whom reside on-site. In 2008, Titan Enterprises participated in early transfer of the former NAS Chemekta, a former pilot training base that was closed for realignment under the 1995 BRAC Round. Titan has since retro-fitted this formerly desolate brownfields area into a functional, attractive “company town” model. Access is highly restricted, and details about the makeup or layout of the base are classified.
Because of the highly lucrative and competitive nature of military contracting, most details of a person’s job will be classified. However, you can use the following areas for your cover identity.
- Fitness – Heating and Cooling Systems
- Ordnance – Weaponry Systems
- Close-quarters Combat – Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Driving – Fuel Cells
- Flight – Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance
- Boating – Building Systems
- Covert Skills – Market Research
- Intelligence – Intelligence systems
- Language – Command, Control and Communications systems
- Interrogation – Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Wilderness Survival - Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Medical – Business Development
- Mechanics – Mechanical engineering
- Computing – Computer support
- Planning and Organization – Executive
If you have any other questions about the company’s cover, just ask. Most details, however, can be handled by saying ‘Sorry, it’s classified.’