|Joined||October 13th, 2009|
|Departed||January 29th, 2010|
|Death||Not yet, amazingly.|
Michael Debauer is the true name of the Remaal al-Sahra agent who went undercover as Nathaniel Drake in order to infiltrate X-Factor. He has also been known as Andrew Belanger, Stephen McNulte, James Campbell, and Giacomo De Luca -- among many, many others.
He is currently in federal custody. After interviewing him in custody in Utah, Tom and Belladonna had him transferred to a mutant-capable facility in New York so that he would no longer be limited to solitary confinement.
Michael is a talented shapeshifter capable of shifting several inches either way in height, given enough time. He can pass even the closest of inspections, down to fingerprint and retina, so long as he has the patterns to study. He Is A Trouble. Good thing he's locked up.
He's adaptive and mercurial, with tremendous focus. He's trained in deep undercover and investigative roles.
His personality ... varies, depending on the role that he plays. Beneath it all, he seems to have an old-fashioned sensibility and a ruthless ends-justify-the-means morality. He has very little tolerance for corruption and a problem with seeing innocents suffer.
Basic fitness, self defense, basic firearms, basic driving, adv. stealth, surveillance, disguise, infiltration, b&e, data analysis, investigation, interrogation, basic wilderness, basic field med, basic maintenance.
Revealed to be a Remaal al-Sahra mole and transferred to Federal custody.
- Nathaniel Drake
- Andrew Belanger - Worked as a clerk in the Hague
- Stephen McNulte - Worked as something at top US law firm Stagram & Wolf
- James Campbell - Worked as someone at the Royal Bank of Canada
- Giacomo De Luca - Involved in racketeering in Detroit with the Italian mafia
Following the identification of Drake as al-Sahra agent Debauer, he was taken into X-Factor custody and telepathically interrogated by Jake Janssen. In the course of this, she uncovered his true identity and purpose, as well as a series of aliases, which X-Factor systematically investigated:
- Andrew Belanger (February 18, 2010)
- Alessia and Walter investigate one of Michael Debauer's past aliases in the the Hague. Files retrieved on the investigation revealed evidence of Remaal al-Sahra attempting to narrow the illegal substance market.
- Stephen McNult (February 25, 2010)
- Isabel, Kelsey, and Madrox investigate a top US law firm in an attempt to determine why Michael Debauer had spent time working there.
- Terry and Amber investigate Giacomo De Luca, involved in labor racketeering in Detroit -- yet another of Debauer's identities.