Time runs differently in this AU, although not according to any strict, predictable pattern, save that it passes significantly faster in the AU than in the 'real' world.
- al-Sahra opens a rift sometime in 2007 (we think) and takes their first abducted mutants over.
- al-Sahra abducts a significant number of mutants and transports them there for training in late 2008/early 2009.
- X-Factor discovers the rift and closes it in March 2009.
- Presumably the AU is the same size of our own, but all al-Sahra operations were based in Nicaragua, near Puente Sobre and Bluefields.
- The rift generator was on a Sandinista compound in Puente Sobre.
- Carmen was one of the first soldiers trained there, and later took lead of their training program in the AU.
- Current and former X-Factor agents Tom Sikorski, Nadia al-Razi, Walter West, and Tobias Ryder joined the organization after rescue from the Pied Piper AU. They have no memory of their time there.
- Agent Illyana Rasputin was taken to the AU after being used as a plant. She has no memory of her time there.
- The Pied Piper Soldiers escaped the AU after the rift was closed.
A number of abductees and al-Sahra operatives are theoretically still living inside the AU with no way to return now that the rift has been closed and the machine which created it destroyed.
Plots & Missions
- Pied Piper (Feb 14-March 19, 2009)
- A number of mutant adolescents are abducted, and in its inaugural mission, X-Factor tracks them and discovers the al-Sahra base in Puente Sobre, Nicaragua. Several of the abductees later join X-Factor.